Do you love helping people? Have a passion for technology? Strong analytical skills and the ability to transform complex concepts into easy-to-follow learning materials? If so, keep reading...
SimplePay’s purpose is to pick a fight against mediocrity. We need to do our part to make people feel that we care - because we do. A lot. We’ve made it our mission to make this world more human and we’re looking for enthusiastic people to help us continue the fight.
Our 28,000+ customers (businesses in South Africa, Ireland, Hong Kong, and Singapore) need to feel our appreciation in every interaction with us - and for this role in particular, through thoughtfully written documentation and easy-to-follow online materials designed to make understanding payroll on SimplePay seamless!
This role requires a quick learner who is passionate about upskilling others via scalable teaching materials for a wide (and international) audience. As we expand our global presence, you will also gain substantial insight into the legal, procedural and technical aspects impacting payroll in various countries. While instructional design within the payroll field specifically is not a requirement, exceptional analytical and numerical ability will be needed in order to succeed in this role.
To find out more about the company and our team, take a look at our website (simplepay.co.za/about).
- Ensure our client-facing knowledge base (help site) stays up to date with changes in legislation and new features launched
- Put together the curriculum for all required customer-facing educational material and online videos
- Create outlines for training videos for our customers on general payroll concepts and how to use SimplePay
- Manage the relationship with an outsourced video creation company for the creation of video materials
- Create outlines for marketing videos for our customers on new features launched
- Develop internal training curricula, material and assessments for our support team
- Engage in group and one-on-one training with the support team
- 3 years minimum work experience, preferably in a fast-paced tech environment
- Curriculum development experience, preferably in accounting, law or maths
- Teaching/training experience, preferably online and to adults
- Video creation experience, preferably in instructional design
- The ability to interpret and understand complex concepts, then translate this into easy-to-follow online materials
- Technical aptitude and the ability to learn software programs
- Strong numerical and analytical skills
- Exemplary written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
This is a remote, work-from-home position, so a fast, reliable internet connection and suitable workspace are essential.
Specific content and system training for the role will be provided, so all you need is the right experience, attitude, analytical ability, and a passion for proactively helping people.